East Scarsdale Scouts
The Nights Away Adviser role is based around two key areas:
- Meet with adults to assess them against the eight core skills and as required assist them in gaining an appropriate Permit.
- Provide general advice on camping and residential matters and to promote nights away opportunities within the District or County/Area.
Responsible to: District Commissioner.
Main Contacts: District Commissioner(s), County/Area Commissioner, Supporter of the Nights Away Permit Scheme (SNAPS), Group Scout Leaders and those adults they are taking through the Nights Away
Appointment requirements: Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association’s policies).
Training Requirements: Must complete Module 1 within 5 months of full appointment, and Module 25 within 3 years of full appointment.
- Assessing adults who wish to gain a nights away permit against the eight core skills
- Supporting adults in gaining the skills and experience they require to gain a nights away permit
- Providing recommendations for nights away permits based on assessments carried out
- To ensure that where necessary appropriate restrictions are recommended to Permits
- Promote nights away events
- Devise and propose ways of encouraging more young people to be involved in nights away
- Encourage the sharing of knowledge and good practice with regard to nights away
- Be aware of and promote local procedures for notifications to appropriate Commissioners (or nominee)
Skills for a Nights Away Adviser:
- Experienced in leading residential and camping experiences
- Hold a nights away permit
- Able to support others in gaining skills to lead nights away events
Note: any other tasks are to be agreed with the Line Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.