East Scarsdale Scouts
We are looking for a motivator! A creative and inspiring leader to support the District as our Chair. East Scarsdale Scouts is changing and looking at growing a team to help support its leaders to provide valuable #skillsforlife to Scouts throughout the District. You would be at the forefront of the changes. Leading the Executive team and working closely with the District Commissioner, you can ensure that Scouting continues and grows for years to come.
The role of a District Chair lead the Executive committee, ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities within the District. The Chair will work closely with the District Commissioner to achieve the purpose of The Scout Association through the development of local Scouting, in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
Some responsibilities as Chair
- Objectively and impartially chairing and facilitating Executive Committee meetings.
- Planning the annual cycle of Executive Committee meetings and setting the agenda for Executive Committee meetings.
- Working closely with the District Commissioner to ensure there are long term and short term goals and the role the Executive Committee can play in helping to achieve these.
- Providing direction for the Executive Committee.
- Ensuring that all members of the Executive Committee have been briefed and inducted into their roles, receive appropriate training, and are aware of their status as charity trustees.
- Addressing and resolving conflicts that arise.
- Membership and attendance of any working groups or sub-Committees set up by the Executive Committee, where appropriate.
- Acting as the final appeal point for appointment disagreements between the Appointments Advisory Committee and District
Some responsibilities as Executive Committee
- To be a full and active participant in Executive Committee meetings and activities.
- To uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout Association’s Policy Organisation and Rules.
- Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the District
- Contribute to the strategic aims and future development of the District
- An understanding of their own role, and the role of others on the Executive Committee
- A commitment to understanding and forming opinions on the key discussion points and responsibilities of the Executive Committee.
- Willingness to complete various tasks which support the work of the Executive Committee and aims of the District
Skills for a Chair:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Able to motivate others and encourage participation
- Able to handle and resolve conflict effectively
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
- Willing to actively design and contribute to the strategic vision of the Group, District or County/Area/Region
- Willingness to take decisions which will further the work of the Group, District or County/Area/Region
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.